If you get a negative test you will receive an email with your EU Digital Covid Certificate and we can also provide a printed version of your certificate. We are Irish Government approved test providers and your EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) provided is valid for travel outside of Ireland or for use for social events in Ireland.
If you’re using the test for travelling, it’s your responsibility to check that this test will be accepted in the country you’re travelling to. Some countries require confirmation of a negative PCR test result to permit entry into the country, so the rapid antigen test wouldn’t be suitable in this case. Entry requirements vary by country, and the latest information and guidance can be found here. Please also be aware that the age requirement for testing of children also varies by country.
What do I need to bring with me on the day of the test?
You will need to bring photo ID e.g. passport, driver’s licence or public services card to your appointment to confirm your identity.
- Although the test has high sensitivity and specificity, it’s not 100 percent accurate and may give false-positive or false-negative results. We use Roche SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test, which have a specificity of 99.2% and a sensitivity of 95.5% (more information regarding the test can be found here)
- If you test positive, this means that the COVID-19 virus was identified at the time of testing and you will be recommended to get a PCR test by the HSE.
- If you test negative, the result of your test will be submitted to the OGCIO for the purposes of producing an EU certificate. A negative result means that the COVID-19 virus was not identified in at the time of testing. It does not mean that you haven’t had COVID-19 or that you won’t develop the infection in the future.
- Haven Pharmacy O’Connell’s will not be liable to you for any losses, costs or damages that you suffer or incur as a result of receiving a positive test result (including if you’re unable to travel abroad as a result of testing positive).
- Service is subject to appointment and test availability.